All of our members are 100% volunteers who travel at their own expense to help support animals in need. Each volunteer provides their own airfare to the location, gives up their vacation time at work and provide their skills and knowledge to help these animals. Each campaign is dependent on fundraising and grants to provide the necessary medications and supplies to perform each campaign.
Participate in a Project
Volunteer with one of our campaigns using our Online Volunteer Questionnaire. Once you fill out an application, you will be added to our mailing list and we will contact you for an interview once campaign planning is underway.
Every campaign is different and may have different requirements of the volunteers. In the majority of cases housing, transportation to and from the clinic, lodging, hotel, and 2 meals a day, while we are working is provided to the volunteers by Visiting Veterinarians International Organization.
Volunteers are responsible for their own airfare to the destination country, dinners and incidentals. Volunteers are required to fundraise personally for a specific amount (tbd) to help offset the cost of housing, transportation and food. Occasionally a special excursion is organized for the volunteers and would require some type of contribution for the excursion if the volunteer wishes to participate. Sometimes these excursions are covered 100% by the donation of local organizations, sometimes it may be at a reduced rate.
Sponsor a Project
If your animal organization would like assistance with organizing a campaign in your region, please fill out our Campaign Form.
We are a 100% Volunteer organization. Our work depends on your generous support. 100% of all funds donated goes towards purchasing supplies, medications, and anesthetics for the animals we treat on each campaign. Please consider a monetary donation to support our work. Donate Here.
Donate Supplies. Our Wish list:
There are 2 ways to donate supplies. Either click the Amazon Smile Charity List link for pre-selected items or ship to us from the list below.
Veterinary Medicines & Supplies (Sorry, we are unable to accept expired or opened products)
- Suture 0-0, 2-0, 3-0 (Absorbable, Monofilament, with needle, PDS/PDO type)
- Isoflurane Anesthesia 250ml
- Dexmedetomidine 0.5mg/ml
- Atipamezole 5mg/ml
- Doxapram 20mg/ml
- Meloxicam 5mg/ml
- Propofol 10mg/ml
- Paralube Eye Lubricant (Any type)
- Chlorhexidine Surgical Scrub
- Rectal Thermometers
- Clipper Cool Lube Spray
- Surgery Gloves (Sizes 6 through 8.5, sterile)
- Tissue Mend/Skin Adhesive
- Gauze 3×3
- Gauze 2×2 cotton
- Needles 18g, 22g, 25g
- Syringes 3cc and 1cc
- I.V. Catheters 18g, 20g, 22g, 25g
- I.V. Catheter Caps (End Plug)
- I.V. Drip Sets
- Scalpel Blades #10 and #15
- Vetwrap 2″ and 4″
- Olsen Hager Needle Holders (with scissors)
- Ivermectin Dewormer for Horses 10mg/ml
- New Dog Leashes and Collars
- Hand Sanitizer (4 or 8 oz bottles)
- Exam Gloves Sm, MD, LG
- White Tape Zonas Porous
- Vaccines, dog and cat complex vaccine
- Flea and tick product Topical (Any Brand)
- Dog Muzzles
- Batteries AA and AAA (for our heart monitors and headlamps)
- Masking tape
- Duct Tape
- Cotton Balls (or Roll cotton)
- Ziploc Bags (new in box) – (Quart and Gallon Size Freezer Bags)
- Gift Cards: Office supply, gas cards, other
All Goods can be Shipped to:
Visiting Veterinarians International
9825 SE Tower Dive
Damascus, OR 97089